Monday, January 26, 2009

*I think* my last political soapbox for a while

I know most of you read my blog for cute kid stories or to convince yourselves your not bad parents, because well, look at what her kids get away with. We'll get back to that soon, really.

Few things are important enough for me to note both here and on my social networking account, but the Freedom of Choice Act is one issue that definitely deserves such attention.

I know many people who are pro-choice. On another forum I post on, even the active pc posters are against this act because of the ambiguity of it's wording.
Even they understand that informed consent is a fundamental right with ANY medical procedure. That medical facilities have safety regulations for a reason,etc. And the way the Act is currently worded, there is a loop-hole that allows the removal of all regulations, even the ones common sense dictate.
They have compassion enough on those who disagree with them to agree that a specific exemption for religious facilities would be a reasonable safeguard.

That said, all who know me know that I am adamantly pro-life in my personal views. Heck, I even still feel guilty for cooperating with Mr, M's vasectomy. (No, I don't think birth control should be illegal. That personal moral quandary is for another post.)

What I am posting here is information, a link to the act itself, and a link to a petition against it, (even though I am opposed to the scare tactics on the petitions site, I do agree with it's primary intent.)

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z?c108:S.2020:
http://www.fightfoca.com/

Feel free to copy/paste forward this as you see fit.
To all my friends. Peace be with you.

No comments: