Thursday, April 30, 2009

Sure, I have my mommy act together...sort of.

For a while this afternoon, I really felt like I had my act together. The dining room and living areas had been vacuumed. The dishwasher was running. Chip was making a snake puppet and the girls were playing together. Si was munching on miniwheats.

Then I thought..."miniwheats? That's strange. I thought he had dumped those out under the table...." Sure enough, he was eating them out of the dustpan. So much for having it together.
Strike one.

And then the big boys got home from school.
"Mom, what's for snack?"
"I don't know. What do you want?"
"What do we have?"
"Whatever you can find."
Strike two in the perfect mommy game. No freshly baked goodies today.

And now, I'm here....and they're watching Scooby Doo, before doing their homework. I guess I'm out in the perfect mom contest.

But this morning my older daughter climbed on my lap.
"Mommy, I have a present for you?"
"You do? What is it?"
She kisses me on the cheek and snuggles up close. "I love you mommy."
"Thank you. That's a wonderful present."
I guess I just hit a home run.

1 comment:

MagenRanae said...

None of those things seem awful at all - except for the fact that now I want some "fresh baked goodies!"