Monday, October 13, 2008

Are you ready for some flag football?!

Yes! We had practice tonight! Yes it was raining and cold! Yes, my kid was the ONLY one w/ a waterproof jacket. I guess I'm not a tough enough mom. Truthfully, I questioned our sanity in even going until I got there. Then I saw all the other parents were crazy too.

And really, the kids didn't care. They had a great time w/ sanctioned, official, playing in wet grass and mud. What more could twenty five to seven year old boys want? I admit, there were times when it looked more like wrestling than football, but isn't that the fun part?

For the first half of the practice, my son, the clueless defender, tried to maintain a headlock on the offensive player who was, ummm..blocking him. Then he realized he was supposed to get the ball! He then successfully ran the wrong way, to where the ball started as opposed to where the ball was going. After chewing on his mouth guard for a few minutes, spinning in circles, and shoving his hands in and out of his pockets, he finally got a clue. He even got through the offensive line to the ball carrier a couple of times. I was so proud. Then he started running the wrong way again. Ahhh.

Practice was ended 1/2 an hour early due to it being dark, cold, and wet...and the kids being so young. Coach yelled at the parents about dressiing their kids for the weather. I felt bad my little linebacker didn't have a hood. His hair was soaked. He forgave me though. There's nothing a large order of fries and some hot apple cider can't fix. Can't wait for the game this weekend.

2 comments:

Mike said...

Good to see that your insanity is finding a home in print. I really enjoy your musings. Keep it up.

MagenRanae said...

I second this comment! :)