Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Happy birthday #1.

Our oldest son is ten today. He's always been considerate. I went into labor around noon, and he was born at about 5:30 in the afternoon. He was the decoy baby. First babies are always so perfect. They are content, quiet, cheerful. He was such a great baby we had five more.

Fortunately he's grown up to be that way as a kid as well....except for the quiet part.
He's changed lives around him from the get go. When I was not working due to morning sickness with him, I walked to the park. I met Mr. M's first real employer's wife there.
He's drawn his father into coaching soccer, PTA, and other social settings. His full, fast paced schedule made me get more organized. He's recognized at school not just as a team player, but a team builder.

He has great character He's open about his faith w/o pushing others away. He's smart, athletic, and fun to be around. It's not just me. The kids from his school tell me these things too.

My blue eyed blondie has a bright road ahead. Here's hoping we can keep him on it. Happy Birthday baby...(..mo-om.)

1 comment: