Thursday, October 2, 2008

In the still, of the night......

another night of radio in my head. But I really do love the still of the night. I love watching my family sleep. I love having an hour or so of quiet time before I crash. I love having time just to listen.

Tonight, that stillness was earned, because our three youngest children were all sick today. I think baby guy is about over it, but the girls are just going down. Poor babies. I wish I could hold them all at the same time. Nonetheless, one sick kid is the work of three healthy ones, especially when they're little, so three made today a survival day. Really, it was okay. That's what cable and V8 fusion are for. Mr. M, my hero, even came home early from work to help manage things, and let me take a nap since I woke up feeling not quite so great myself.

But all that is past now. It's just me and the crickets. It's amazing how peaceful and content I am, given the swirls of change around us. But that's only because it is the still of the night.

1 comment:

MagenRanae said...

What a sweet hubby, coming home to help care for you! Hopefully you found some time to show him your appreciation when you were feeling better!