Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Acts Chapter 5

This week at Bible Study, our section was Acts Ch. 5. Most of the ladies were freaked by the instant death thing. My focal point was not idiot and his wife though, it was how the apostles counted their lashing as JOY> to share in the Lord's suffering.

I'd had a pretty down day. I had to go the bank w four small kids, pay rent w/ four small kids, and take care of a sick 16mo old all day. Princess P ran laps around the bank lobby. Princess D spent the day trying to get lil sis in trouble. Chip was still bouncing that balloon, when he was supposed to be writing the letters J & K. The older kids didn't want to do their chores, or their homework. I had plenty of whine and cheese today, and finished Mr. M's reeces.

Then I go to study, grumbly, spent, don't wanna be in church attitude and all, and read how the disciples counted it joy to have bleeding backs and still be able to walk away after the lash.

Talk about conviction. I have a house to clean. I have food to prepare. Baby guy was home with me, not in the hospital. My older kids don't mouth off and generally do what they're told. My girls usually are rays of sunshine. Chip's a whole rainbow, light bouncing off everywhere.
The pastors wife told me how great my oldest son was, that he was patient, respectful, and compliant. Talk about a warm fuzz. I prayed with my favorite prayer partner.

I really have nothing to complain about...so with a chastened, content spirit, I'm finally ready for bed. Thank you Acts Ch 5.

1 comment:

MagenRanae said...

For the word of God is living and active and sharper than any two-edged sword, and piercing as far as the division of soul and spirit, of both joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intentions of the heart. Hebrews 4:12

Don't you just love how you get exactly what you need, at the right moment? Our Lord is so willing and able to meet all of our needs.