Monday, October 6, 2008

sick kid week

Sick kid week is coming to a close...I hope. Five of our six children have had the fever-headache thing. To me, it's just a reminder I'm no Florence Nightingale.

"Mom, I don't want cereal for be'kfast. I want waffles."
"Well, you know where the freezer and the toaster are."
"Hmph."

"Can we watch tv?"
Yeah, just keep it on PBS or noggin...
"But I'm sick. Why can't I watch Boomerang?"
Because Boomerang gives ME a headache.

Then there's my "good mommy moments" when I'm holding the sick child...and the sick child is gloating to her baby brother who is protesting below. I just want to put them both in bed.

Yet there's something kinda sweet about a sick kid, especially the older ones. It's nice to know they still need us once in a while. Also, hard times, like illness, give us a chance to see people's real character....and my kids really are doing okay. It's me that needs the work.

1 comment:

MagenRanae said...

Way to hang in there! Isn't it nice when the Lord gives us little kisses on the cheek in the midst of all the "blah". Glad to hear that you were encouraged by the glimpses of your children building character!