Monday, April 20, 2009

Baby guy is growing up, and so are the rest of them

whose moniker will be Si Guy from here on out. He's almost two, and really, as much as I hate to admit it, not much of a baby anymore besides the diapers.

This morning I was appreciating how easily young toddlers can be entertained. Si climbed in the tub and "asked" for a bath this morning. He threw all the toys out of the tub and played with the soap. When he wanted out he just stands up and holds out his arms, just knowing I'll always be there to pick him up. My older kids know I'm there for them too, although my hundred pound ten year old doesn't expect me to pick him up anymore...

But back to Si this morning. After drying off in a soft, snuggly, towel, and having a giggle fest it was time to get dressed. Lately he's taken to wearing his brother's shirts. They go down his knees, so it looks kind of like a dress, w/ jeans or sweats peeking out from underneath. He thinks that if he wears their clothes he must be "big" like them.

Now he's sitting on the living room floor w/ the girls, and they are all asking to draw, so I guess it's time to go on to the next adventure. Have a wonderful day!

No comments: