Thursday, April 2, 2009

Every now and then I get a glance of teen-dom.

Every now and then I get a glance at what it will be like to have a teenager. Our oldest is at the changeling stage, where one moment he's a funny, smiling kid and the next he's a brooding young adult. Today it was the latter who came home from school.
"Mom! What's for snack?"
"Well there are apples and oranges on the table."
"Mo-om. Can't I have a junk food snack since I didn't take any in my lunch?"
"Oh I guess. There are some chips on the shelf."
"Nah."
"We have popcorn."
"No popcorn! Can I have ice cream?"
"No. No ice cream before dinner. You can have one of my fiber one muffins though."
"ALL of them?!"
"No, just one."
"Mo-om. There's nothing to eat!"(Staring in fridge w/ $100+ worth of groceries)
"Sure there is. You can put butter on the muffin and have a mug of milk with it."
He sighs and rolls his eyes. "Oh, O-kay."
He eats his muffin then sprawls across the couch in the living room on his DS, with headphones.
Then after dinner..."Mom, can I play outside?" Thank goodness my boy is back.

1 comment:

MagenRanae said...

sounds like me with Micah! I always want him to feed me, even though "nothing sounds good!"