Thursday, April 16, 2009

Things I love about my kids

How funny they are tops the list. Whether it's on purpose by acting silly or telling jokes, or accidentally through kidisms like picking flowers to plant and watering plants during the rain, I love the humor my kids bring into my life.

Their sincerity. Even if they are sincerely wrong, even our oldest hasn't learned yet how to be artificial. Yes the "it's mine because I want it" of toddlerism can get tiring, but as they get older and gain understanding and empathy that fades away.

Their expectations. My kids expect ME to do the right thing, and are quick to call me on it if I don't. I hate disappointing them, so it helps me rise to be a better person.

Their love for everyone and everything. I am grateful that my children are all kind, empathetic people. They care about not only their family, but their friends...and consider everyone to be their friend until proven otherwise.

Their imaginations. Any of my kids can take me on a journey I never would have dreamed of in a moment.

Just being them. Each one of them is a gift from God and an expression of my husband & I's unity in spirit, being, and purpose. It is enough.

No comments: