Wednesday, December 3, 2008

I wanna hippo.....for Christmas

That is the one Christmas song guaranteed to put a smile on my face and a giggle in my throat every year. AND this year, with the Kohls cares for Kids Curious George special, I may get one!
I haven't heard it on the radio as much in recent years, so I sing it for my kids. They think it's a scream too.

My older boys prefer Jingle Bell Rock. The toddlers singing Away in a Manger, complete w/ twinkly star hands, gets me every time.

Proof of Mr. M's maleness is his taste in Christmas music. The redneck twelve days of Christmas and that great classic, Grandma got Run over by a Reindeer. "Chipmunks roasting on an open fire" and the Christmas version of "Here's Your Sign" get honorable mention. Christmas is the only time he'd be caught dead on a country station.

We like to sing carols when we light our advent candles too. Usually the more solemn ones like O Come O Come Emmanuel, Silent Night, and O Holy Night. After all the fun, it's good to quiet down and remember what Christmas is all about.

2 comments:

MagenRanae said...

Hehe...I really like the hippo song too! Do you know all of the words?

Unknown said...

I think so...