Thursday, December 11, 2008

We all love Horton

Our family watched "Horton Hears a Who" four times so far. Since we missed the nine pm deadline for redbox last night, I'm pretty sure I'm going to see it a few more times today.
The messages Horton has are important, so I really don't mind. "A person's a person no matter how small" is one of our key mantras around here. "An elephant's loyal 100%" and "I meant what I said, I said what I meant" are important too. Even adults have problems following through on promises sometimes when the going gets tough for them.

Besides, everyone knows that Horton being an elephant is the most important part. Well, at least Princess D knows. Elephants are her favorite animal. We have a book about an elephant in Africa. We have Dora's talking baby elephant. We have a couple of Kohls' cares for Kids elephants, including Horton.

But for now, Princess P has claimed Horton. He was right next to her in bed last night, lovingly tucked in with jag. Horton must really made an impression on her to share Jag's spot. Probably because he acknowledged her, after all " a person's a person, no matter how small."

No comments: