Friday, July 24, 2009

Si Guy has a thing for M words....

His favorite words of late are "mine" and "monkey." Last weekend at the zoo, everything was a "bird", "deer", "kitty", or "monkey" to him. Monkey was by far his favorite. Maybe because he can relate to them.

Si guy is still in baby explorer phase....but he's starting to have intent. He's careful to wait until he thinks I'm busy to raid the fridge. He's gotten quieter at dismantling bookshelves. He is gleeful when he finds a marker and just can't wait to find a surface to draw on, whatever surface that may be. Monkey describes him well.

Mine, his other favorite word, generally is reserved for drinks and people. My drink. My mom. It's nice to know I rank so high.

Yesterday, he tried to get in the van to go back to the zoo. "Monkey! Monkey!" Si, you can see a monkey whenever you want. Just look in the mirror my son. Just look in the mirror.