Thursday, July 16, 2009

Why do I have to clean something to feel accomplished?

and other strange things I dwell on.

Why must we change that food stained/grass stained outfit RIGHT NOW, five times a day?

Why do I have to clean something to feel accomplished, even if I read stories, took the kids to the park, paid bills, scheduled appointments, chauffered a birthday party and researched a car?

Why is it the first words out of my mouth any time I clean are "BUT I JUST CLEANED THAT!?"

Why don't kids count as something when it comes to cleaning? Because they're someones?

Does it really matter if we eat hot dogs for dinner two days in a row?

Should kids have allowances? Should they be tied to chores? What about grades? What about "because you're part of this family and I said so?"

Are there expressions that should be banned from future use in parenthood?

Is it possible to raise kids who are better than us? (Man, I hope so!)

Why can't faith be passed through an IV like a blood transfusion?

Is life more like a choose your own adventure book or an elaborate novel?

Does the laundry ever end? Or at least all make it to the basement?

No comments: